US: Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney
Washington: Nancy Regan, the former first lady, has endorsed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for the November elections.
"I offered my firm endorsement of his campaign for president," she said in a statement yesterday.
"Ronnie would have liked Governor Romney`s business background and his strong principles, and I have to say I do too," said Reagan, wife of former US president Ronald Reagan.
She displayed full faith in the Republican nominee saying, "I believe Mitt Romney has the experience and leadership skills that our country so desperately needs, and I look forward to seeing him elected president in November."
The statement from Regan came after Romney and his wife Anne visited her Los Angeles home yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing