US: Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney
Washington: Nancy Regan, the former first lady, has endorsed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for the November elections.
"I offered my firm endorsement of his campaign for president," she said in a statement yesterday.
"Ronnie would have liked Governor Romney`s business background and his strong principles, and I have to say I do too," said Reagan, wife of former US president Ronald Reagan.
She displayed full faith in the Republican nominee saying, "I believe Mitt Romney has the experience and leadership skills that our country so desperately needs, and I look forward to seeing him elected president in November."
The statement from Regan came after Romney and his wife Anne visited her Los Angeles home yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video