US naval destroyer heading to Black Sea
Istanbul: A US Navy destroyer is passing through Istanbul`s Bosporus straits on its way to the Black Sea for exercises near the fraught Crimean peninsula.
The Navy destroyer USS Truxtun is participating in exercises with Romania and Bulgaria and is expected to be in the Black Sea for several days amid a stand-off over Russia`s military incursion into Ukraine.
The exercises come as the US and other Western nations are preparing sanctions against Russia for its recent move to send military troops into Ukraine`s Crimean Peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice