US naval destroyer heading to Black Sea
Istanbul: A US Navy destroyer is passing through Istanbul`s Bosporus straits on its way to the Black Sea for exercises near the fraught Crimean peninsula.
The Navy destroyer USS Truxtun is participating in exercises with Romania and Bulgaria and is expected to be in the Black Sea for several days amid a stand-off over Russia`s military incursion into Ukraine.
The exercises come as the US and other Western nations are preparing sanctions against Russia for its recent move to send military troops into Ukraine`s Crimean Peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah