US Navy bans drinking at night in Japan
Tokyo: The US Navy has banned its staff on bases in Japan from drinking alcohol at night to enforce discipline following a series of crimes by its military personnel, Xinhua reported.
The navy personnel have been told to stay away from liquor from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m., regardless of whether they are on holiday or not.
The move follows crimes blamed on American military personnel despite a night curfew (11 p.m. to 5 a.m.) imposed following a rape in Okinawa last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000