US Navy bans drinking at night in Japan
Tokyo: The US Navy has banned its staff on bases in Japan from drinking alcohol at night to enforce discipline following a series of crimes by its military personnel, Xinhua reported.
The navy personnel have been told to stay away from liquor from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m., regardless of whether they are on holiday or not.
The move follows crimes blamed on American military personnel despite a night curfew (11 p.m. to 5 a.m.) imposed following a rape in Okinawa last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS