US Navy jet crashes into Virginia apartment complex
Virginia Beach: A local official says it appears two Navy pilots dumped fuel from a fighter jet before it crashed into a Virginia apartment complex, and that likely prevented the resulting fire from being far worse.
Bruce Nedelka is the Virginia Beach EMS division chief. He said on Friday that witnesses saw fuel being dumped from the jet before it went down, and that fuel was found on buildings and vehicles in the area.
Nedelka says that manoeuvre likely prevented what could have been a massive fireball and fire.
Nedelka says the fire has been put out at the apartment complex, and crews are now going through to search for anyone who may have been inside.
Officials say at least three people were taken to hospitals, including the two pilots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security