US Navy N-submarine collides with cruiser
Washington: A US Navy nuclear-powered submarine collided with a missile cruiser during routine operations off the east coast, the US Navy said.
The USS San Jacinto, an Aegis-class missile cruiser, and the submarine USS Montpelier collided Saturday, causing damage to a sonar dome on the cruiser but no injuries, Xinhua quoted a statement from the Navy as saying.
The incident caused no damage to the submarine`s nuclear-powered propulsion plant, the Navy said.
The navy said the collision was under investigation, but refused to give more specific information as to where the accident occurred.
Both of the two vessels were based at Norfolk, Virginia, and are part of a strike group led by aircraft carrier USS Harry S Truman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US