This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

US Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis was spurned by woman months before massacre

The former US Navy serviceman, Aaron Alexis, had trouble in his relationship and was spurned by a Thai lady two months prior to the massacre that left 12 people dead.

Zee Media Bureau

Washington: The former US Navy serviceman, Aaron Alexis, had trouble in his relationship and was spurned by a Thai lady two months prior to the massacre that left 12 people dead.

Alexis went to Thailand where he chased women and visited massage parlours, said Nutpisit Suthamtewakul, the owner of the Thai restaurant in which the former US serviceman worked for the past three years reportedly claimed.

Days after Alexis fatally shot 12 people in the Washington Navy Yard, questions about his psychological frame of mind are being raised.

The Buddhist convert, who seemed to be having mental issues, was being treated by the federal Veterans Administration for paranoia, sleeping troubles and hearing voices.

Alexis’ behaviour during a business trip in Newport left the police there alarmed who in turn warned the Navy.

According to a CNN report, Alexis had claimed to the police, who found him at a hotel where they were investigating a harassment complaint, that the individual he got into a verbal fight with had sent three people to follow him who did not let him sleep by continuously talking to him.

He further reportedly said that the people who were constantly following him even “send vibrations” into his body through some sort of microwave machine to ensure that he is sleep deprived.

Alexis said that these people were unseen and talked to him through walls and the floor. He also said that the unseen people followed him between three hotels in the area.

Few days before the shooting massacre by the US Navy veteran, a shooting range owner had said that Alexis had practised shooting at the range for two consecutive days.

The Virginia shooting range owner had reportedly said that Alexis even bought ammunition from their store.

He later purchased a Remington 870 shotgun and about two boxes, containing 24 shells, of ammunition from the store, the report added.

The troubled ex-servicemen had a history with gun violence and was discharged from the Navy due to serious misconducts.

In 2004, he was arrested in a gun related incident in which he shot the tyres of a construction worker’s car. However, he was not charged with the crime.

In 2010, he shot through the floor of an upstairs apartment. However, he claimed that the shooting was an accident.

34-year-old Alexis came from Fort Worth, Texas, and the suspected gunman was later shot dead by the police after he went on a shooting spree inside a building in Washington Navy Yard.

The FBI are still looking for a possible motive behind the shooting but the emerging reports that the shooter had mental issues may be one of the reasons.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions


photo gallery



A wearable sticker that can prevent sexual assault

Neymar set to move to Paris Saint Germain

Council in Pakistan orders Revenge Rape of a 16-Year-Old

Photographing the world from a plane

Indian female cops are out in full force to protect women

Delhi's Mini Afghanistan: Far from war, these Afghanis have found their home in India