US needs to break `deadlock` in nuclear talks: Iran FM
Tehran: Iran`s foreign minister on Tuesday the United States must take political decisions to end the current "deadlock" at talks in Vienna over his country`s disputed nuclear programme.
Mohammad Javad Zarif, quoted by the official IRNA news agency, said such decisions were needed "to see what the solutions are" and to decide "what solution can pave the way towards an agreement".
Zarif`s comments came after more signs that the negotiations between Iran and six world powers are a long way from reaching a deal by the July 20 deadline.
His remarks were released just before US Secretary of State John Kerry told reporters in the Austrian city that Iran`s nuclear capacity must be cut, a step that Tehran has repeatedly ruled out.
Despite the impasse, American and Iranian diplomats have said they remain focused on a deal to resolve the decade-long standoff over Iran`s nuclear ambitions, which the West suspects mask a drive for the bomb.
Iran insists its enrichment of uranium is for entirely peaceful purposes in the form of nuclear power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!