US no longer a superpower: Time magazine poll
Washington: Two out of three Americans taking part in a poll do not believe that the United States is the sole remaining superpower in the world.
The poll, released by Time magazine and the Aspen Institute, also indicates that Americans want their leaders to focus more on domestic challenges and less on foreign issues, The Christian Science Monitor reports.
Over two-thirds of Americans consider the last 10 years to have been a decade of decline for America. Three-fourths of American people say economic weakness poses a greater danger than national security threats, the report said.
In May, a Pew Research Centre poll found that majorities in every partisan group of the population including, for the first time in the decade of 9/11, conservative Republicans agreed with the statement that the US ‘should pay less attention to problems overseas and concentrate on problems here at home.
Last month, President Obama declared, in announcing his plans for a troop drawdown in Afghanistan said, “America, it is time to focus on national-building here at home.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America