US no longer a superpower: Time magazine poll
Washington: Two out of three Americans taking part in a poll do not believe that the United States is the sole remaining superpower in the world.
The poll, released by Time magazine and the Aspen Institute, also indicates that Americans want their leaders to focus more on domestic challenges and less on foreign issues, The Christian Science Monitor reports.
Over two-thirds of Americans consider the last 10 years to have been a decade of decline for America. Three-fourths of American people say economic weakness poses a greater danger than national security threats, the report said.
In May, a Pew Research Centre poll found that majorities in every partisan group of the population including, for the first time in the decade of 9/11, conservative Republicans agreed with the statement that the US ‘should pay less attention to problems overseas and concentrate on problems here at home.
Last month, President Obama declared, in announcing his plans for a troop drawdown in Afghanistan said, “America, it is time to focus on national-building here at home.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people