US’ NRA head defends comparison of NY Guv Cuomo to Hitler
New York: President of the US’ National Rifle Association (NRA) has said that their was nothing wrong with protesters comparing Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to Adolf Hitler at a demonstration against his sweeping new gun control law.
David Keene said the protesters were trying to demonstrate what happens when a government disarms its citizenry.
Nearly 5,000 people attended Thursday’s rally at state Capitol to protest the state’s new gun restrictions, which include an expanded ban on assault weapons and a prohibition on magazines carrying over 7 rounds of ammunition.
According to the New York Daily News, signs from the protest depicted Cuomo with a Hitler mustache.
One of the signs read, “CUOMO IS A TYRANT.” It contained a swastika and photo of the governor with a Hitler mustache and wearing a Germany Army hat, the report said.
The controversy over the Hitler and Nazi imagery comes only a few weeks after an upstate assemblyman was forced to apologize after he said Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin would have been proud of Cuomo’s tactics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof