US’ NRA head defends comparison of NY Guv Cuomo to Hitler
New York: President of the US’ National Rifle Association (NRA) has said that their was nothing wrong with protesters comparing Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to Adolf Hitler at a demonstration against his sweeping new gun control law.
David Keene said the protesters were trying to demonstrate what happens when a government disarms its citizenry.
Nearly 5,000 people attended Thursday’s rally at state Capitol to protest the state’s new gun restrictions, which include an expanded ban on assault weapons and a prohibition on magazines carrying over 7 rounds of ammunition.
According to the New York Daily News, signs from the protest depicted Cuomo with a Hitler mustache.
One of the signs read, “CUOMO IS A TYRANT.” It contained a swastika and photo of the governor with a Hitler mustache and wearing a Germany Army hat, the report said.
The controversy over the Hitler and Nazi imagery comes only a few weeks after an upstate assemblyman was forced to apologize after he said Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin would have been proud of Cuomo’s tactics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!