US’ NRA head defends comparison of NY Guv Cuomo to Hitler
New York: President of the US’ National Rifle Association (NRA) has said that their was nothing wrong with protesters comparing Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to Adolf Hitler at a demonstration against his sweeping new gun control law.
David Keene said the protesters were trying to demonstrate what happens when a government disarms its citizenry.
Nearly 5,000 people attended Thursday’s rally at state Capitol to protest the state’s new gun restrictions, which include an expanded ban on assault weapons and a prohibition on magazines carrying over 7 rounds of ammunition.
According to the New York Daily News, signs from the protest depicted Cuomo with a Hitler mustache.
One of the signs read, “CUOMO IS A TYRANT.” It contained a swastika and photo of the governor with a Hitler mustache and wearing a Germany Army hat, the report said.
The controversy over the Hitler and Nazi imagery comes only a few weeks after an upstate assemblyman was forced to apologize after he said Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin would have been proud of Cuomo’s tactics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown