US: Obama `first gay President`
Washington: In a controversial stunt, Newsweek`s May 21 issue calls Barack Obama the US` "first gay president”.
Newsweek is celebrating Obama`s endorsement of same-sex marriage by featuring his image with a rainbow halo above his head. The issue’s cover story, titled "The First Gay President”, is penned by Andrew Sullivan, who is the popular -- and openly gay -- political blogger.
In a blog post published earlier this week, Sullivan had written: “I do not know how orchestrated this was; and I do not know how calculated it is. What I know is that, absorbing the news, I was uncharacteristically at a loss for words for a while, didn`t know what to write, and, like many Dish readers, there are tears in my eyes.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra