US: Obama `first gay President`
Washington: In a controversial stunt, Newsweek`s May 21 issue calls Barack Obama the US` "first gay president”.
Newsweek is celebrating Obama`s endorsement of same-sex marriage by featuring his image with a rainbow halo above his head. The issue’s cover story, titled "The First Gay President”, is penned by Andrew Sullivan, who is the popular -- and openly gay -- political blogger.
In a blog post published earlier this week, Sullivan had written: “I do not know how orchestrated this was; and I do not know how calculated it is. What I know is that, absorbing the news, I was uncharacteristically at a loss for words for a while, didn`t know what to write, and, like many Dish readers, there are tears in my eyes.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win