US: Obama `first gay President`
Washington: In a controversial stunt, Newsweek`s May 21 issue calls Barack Obama the US` "first gay president”.
Newsweek is celebrating Obama`s endorsement of same-sex marriage by featuring his image with a rainbow halo above his head. The issue’s cover story, titled "The First Gay President”, is penned by Andrew Sullivan, who is the popular -- and openly gay -- political blogger.
In a blog post published earlier this week, Sullivan had written: “I do not know how orchestrated this was; and I do not know how calculated it is. What I know is that, absorbing the news, I was uncharacteristically at a loss for words for a while, didn`t know what to write, and, like many Dish readers, there are tears in my eyes.”
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- HCL Tech Q3 net profit grows 14.4% to Rs 1,926 crore
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology