US: `Obama, Romney should declare truce`
Washington: The race for the White House has become so deadly, that it has become a top topic among reporters and analysts covering the contest, with some even calling on President Barack Obama and presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney to call a truce.
“You thought last week was bad? Just when you thought last week’s third-grade insults were as low as the campaign could go here, here we go again, the campaign has gotten even uglier,” MSNBC’s Chuck Todd said on Wednesday.
“It’s not faux outrage, it’s real outrage. Over the last 24 hours, the attacks from both sides have reached a new level of vitriol,” Politico quoted Todd, as saying.
According to the report, CNN’s Soledad O’Brien said that the campaigns struck a new note of negativity.
“Romney and Obama campaigns going on the offensive at the same time. What that means is nasty rhetoric, really nastier than ever,” she said.
Veteran political reporter Brit Hume said that the attacks were some of the worst he has ever seen since covering politics, a sentiment shared by other experienced correspondents, the report added.
“This is about as ugly as I’ve seen it get,” Hume said, adding: “I think some of the things that have been said about Mitt Romney, and… that Harry Reid allegation are just unbelievable. I’ve rarely seen something like that from somebody as senior as the Senate majority leader.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor