US: Obama takes a dig at pal George Clooney
New York: Barack Obama cracked several George Clooney jokes at the star-studded fundraiser, which raised USD 15 million for the President’s re-election, held at the actor’s home in Los Angeles.
During the event, Obama explained the story behind his iconic “Hope” poster, which artist Shepard Fairey based on an image of the President sitting beside Clooney, the New York Post reported.
“This is the first time that George Clooney has ever been Photoshopped out of a picture,” TMZ.com quoted Obama as saying.
“Never happened before, never happened again,” he said.
Obama also took a moment to say some sincere words about his pal, too.
“He seems to occupy a constant state of grace, and uses his extraordinary talents on behalf of something truly important,” Obama said of Clooney.
As he thanked the attendees -- including Robert Downey Jr, Barbra Streisand, Salma Hayek and Tobey Maguire -- for their generous contributions.
“We raised a lot of money because people love George. They like me; they love George,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM