US: Obama takes a dig at pal George Clooney
New York: Barack Obama cracked several George Clooney jokes at the star-studded fundraiser, which raised USD 15 million for the President’s re-election, held at the actor’s home in Los Angeles.
During the event, Obama explained the story behind his iconic “Hope” poster, which artist Shepard Fairey based on an image of the President sitting beside Clooney, the New York Post reported.
“This is the first time that George Clooney has ever been Photoshopped out of a picture,” TMZ.com quoted Obama as saying.
“Never happened before, never happened again,” he said.
Obama also took a moment to say some sincere words about his pal, too.
“He seems to occupy a constant state of grace, and uses his extraordinary talents on behalf of something truly important,” Obama said of Clooney.
As he thanked the attendees -- including Robert Downey Jr, Barbra Streisand, Salma Hayek and Tobey Maguire -- for their generous contributions.
“We raised a lot of money because people love George. They like me; they love George,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest