US: Obama takes a dig at pal George Clooney
New York: Barack Obama cracked several George Clooney jokes at the star-studded fundraiser, which raised USD 15 million for the President’s re-election, held at the actor’s home in Los Angeles.
During the event, Obama explained the story behind his iconic “Hope” poster, which artist Shepard Fairey based on an image of the President sitting beside Clooney, the New York Post reported.
“This is the first time that George Clooney has ever been Photoshopped out of a picture,” TMZ.com quoted Obama as saying.
“Never happened before, never happened again,” he said.
Obama also took a moment to say some sincere words about his pal, too.
“He seems to occupy a constant state of grace, and uses his extraordinary talents on behalf of something truly important,” Obama said of Clooney.
As he thanked the attendees -- including Robert Downey Jr, Barbra Streisand, Salma Hayek and Tobey Maguire -- for their generous contributions.
“We raised a lot of money because people love George. They like me; they love George,” he added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley