US: Obama tucks wife Michelle in bed each night
London: Michelle Obama has spoken out about her intimate time with US President Barack Obama and has also revealed their bedtime ritual.
Michelle described how the President ‘tucks her in’ to bed each night.
She said that they don’t set out specific time for each other, instead they share a couple of daily rituals.
“We have a ritual where he tucks me in, because I’m usually in bed before anybody. He’ll come and turn the lights out and give me a kiss and we’ll talk. He’s like, `Ready to be tucked?` I’m like, `Yes I am`,” the Daily Mail quoted her as telling People magazine.
She further said that walking the dog is another opportunity for them to share some alone time.
“We live above the store, which means 6.30 pm is dinner,” she said.
“The first half hour, we’re talking to the girls, then we shoo them off to go walk Bo and catch a little check-in without the kids,” she said.
The First Lady also admitted that she hopes she will never be photographed in her swimwear.
“That’s been my one goal: I don’t want to be caught dead in a bathing suit,” she said.
She also revealed that swimming is one of the few sports she does not excel at.
“I won’t drown but you won’t see me doing laps in the pool,” she said.
When it comes to her gym workouts, however, she can still outpace her husband.
On being asked if they compete athletically, she replied by saying “not anymore”.
“Not anymore, because I’m in way better shape than he is,” she said.
Instead, they are more likely to be teasing each other about push-up counts.
“We don’t take ourselves too seriously,” she said.
“At the gym we’re spending a lot more time laughing about who is trying to get out of doing their push-ups, who’s whining too much,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand