US offers assistance to quake-hit Iran
Washington: Sending condolences for the loss of life, the United States has offered assistance to the earthquake hit Iran.
"We stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday.
"The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake in northwestern Iran," he said.
According to reports, the two back to back earthquakes in Iran last week killed some 300 people and injured 5,000.
"Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery," Carney said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown