US offers assistance to quake-hit Iran
Washington: Sending condolences for the loss of life, the United States has offered assistance to the earthquake hit Iran.
"We stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday.
"The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake in northwestern Iran," he said.
According to reports, the two back to back earthquakes in Iran last week killed some 300 people and injured 5,000.
"Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery," Carney said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city