US offers assistance to quake-hit Iran
Washington: Sending condolences for the loss of life, the United States has offered assistance to the earthquake hit Iran.
"We stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday.
"The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake in northwestern Iran," he said.
According to reports, the two back to back earthquakes in Iran last week killed some 300 people and injured 5,000.
"Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery," Carney said in a statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India