US offers assistance to quake-hit Iran
Washington: Sending condolences for the loss of life, the United States has offered assistance to the earthquake hit Iran.
"We stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday.
"The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake in northwestern Iran," he said.
According to reports, the two back to back earthquakes in Iran last week killed some 300 people and injured 5,000.
"Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery," Carney said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown