US official heads to Europe for Russia sanctions talks
The United States is sending a top Treasury official to Germany, France and Britain this week to discuss sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
David Cohen, the Treasury Department`s under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, will discuss issues related to illicit finance and sanctions that have been imposed "in response to Russia`s illegal action in Ukraine," the department said in a statement.
On his trip, Cohen will work with the three European partners on the implementation of sanctions.
"He will also engage in stepped-up planning on the range of tools at our disposal, including expanded sanctions against entities in various sectors of the Russian economy, should Russia continue its illegal and destabilizing behavior."
Cohen will also travel to Israel during the week for "regular consultations on issues of shared interest," the department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday