US official heads to Europe for Russia sanctions talks
The United States is sending a top Treasury official to Germany, France and Britain this week to discuss sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
David Cohen, the Treasury Department`s under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, will discuss issues related to illicit finance and sanctions that have been imposed "in response to Russia`s illegal action in Ukraine," the department said in a statement.
On his trip, Cohen will work with the three European partners on the implementation of sanctions.
"He will also engage in stepped-up planning on the range of tools at our disposal, including expanded sanctions against entities in various sectors of the Russian economy, should Russia continue its illegal and destabilizing behavior."
Cohen will also travel to Israel during the week for "regular consultations on issues of shared interest," the department said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why