US official to travel to China to hold talks on Latin America
Washington: A senior US official would be travelling to Beijing next week to hold talks with the Chinese authorities on Latin America.
Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Arturo Valenzuela will travel to China in August from 16 for the fourth round of US- China sub-dialogues on Latin America, State Department deputy spokesman Mark Toner said.
"These consultations occur under the auspices of the US-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue," he said.
The Assistant Secretary will meet in Beijing and Shanghai with senior government officials, journalists, business leaders, prominent academics and others, Toner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre