US official to travel to China to hold talks on Latin America
Washington: A senior US official would be travelling to Beijing next week to hold talks with the Chinese authorities on Latin America.
Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Arturo Valenzuela will travel to China in August from 16 for the fourth round of US- China sub-dialogues on Latin America, State Department deputy spokesman Mark Toner said.
"These consultations occur under the auspices of the US-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue," he said.
The Assistant Secretary will meet in Beijing and Shanghai with senior government officials, journalists, business leaders, prominent academics and others, Toner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader