US officials: Man killed woman, ate body parts
Manchester: Authorities say a man is accused of killing a woman, dismembering her body and eating part of her corpse.
Tennessee prosecutor Mickey Layne tells The Associated Press today that 37-year-old Gregory S Hale was arrested at his home late Sunday and is charged with premeditated first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse.
Layne says a neighbour told police he`d had a conversation with Hale and had reason to believe a homicide had been committed.
When officers arrived at the home, Layne says they found remains on the grounds. They then questioned Hale and took him into custody.
Layne says Hale has an attorney and is being held in jail on USD 1.5 million bond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing