US opposes coercive China action in island dispute
Tokyo: The United States says it`s committed to defending Japan and opposes any coercive action by China to seize territory under Japanese control in the East China Sea.
US Secretary of State John Kerry says the US isn`t taking a position in the dispute over the islands, known as Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China.
Japan and China have sparred over the uninhabited islands in recent years. Kerry`s strong words of support today for America`s ally come just a day after he promised new levels of US-Chinese cooperation on a host of problems, most notably North Korea`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife