US opposes coercive China action in island dispute
Tokyo: The United States says it`s committed to defending Japan and opposes any coercive action by China to seize territory under Japanese control in the East China Sea.
US Secretary of State John Kerry says the US isn`t taking a position in the dispute over the islands, known as Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China.
Japan and China have sparred over the uninhabited islands in recent years. Kerry`s strong words of support today for America`s ally come just a day after he promised new levels of US-Chinese cooperation on a host of problems, most notably North Korea`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read