US ordered massacre of the region`s people, says Iran
Tehran: The speaker of Iran`s parliament, the Majlis, has said "massacre" of the people in Libya and Bahrain were taking place on the orders of the US.
Ali Larijani, addressing the Majlis` open session Sunday, said US officials should be made to pay for their crimes against Muslims.
The Islamic Ummah (community) believes the US ordered such "criminal games", Larijani was quoted as saying by IRNA news agency.
"Despite claiming to be an advocate of democracy, the US has, hypocritically, ordered regional autocratic regimes to adopt tough manners against their people," he said.
He asked regional governments not to get involved in the US` "political confusion" and not to pay the price for protecting US military bases in the region.
"It seems that the US acts against its words on advocating democracy and orders leaders of the countries to treat harshly their people," he was quoted as saying by ISNA news agency.
He also suggested the governments to learn from their counterparts in Tunisia and Egypt and "side with their own people".
"They should learn lesson from fate of revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia and follow their own people," he said.
The speaker warned the US that it might have to pay the cost of the "barbarous treatment".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof