US orders evacuation of embassy staff from Egypt
Washington: The US State Department has ordered the evacuation of non-essential staff and family members from American missions in Egypt following the military`s ouster of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
"The Department of State ordered the departure of non-emergency US government personnel and family members from Egypt due to the ongoing political and social unrest," Xinhua quoted the department as saying in a travel warning on its website.
It also warned American citizens against travelling to Egypt at this time and advised those living in the country to leave, as the Arab nation was embroiled in intense confrontations pitting Morsi`s supporters against the military and protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state