US orders evacuation of embassy staff from Egypt
Washington: The US State Department has ordered the evacuation of non-essential staff and family members from American missions in Egypt following the military`s ouster of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
"The Department of State ordered the departure of non-emergency US government personnel and family members from Egypt due to the ongoing political and social unrest," Xinhua quoted the department as saying in a travel warning on its website.
It also warned American citizens against travelling to Egypt at this time and advised those living in the country to leave, as the Arab nation was embroiled in intense confrontations pitting Morsi`s supporters against the military and protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final