US orders evacuation of embassy staff from Egypt
Washington: The US State Department has ordered the evacuation of non-essential staff and family members from American missions in Egypt following the military`s ouster of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.
"The Department of State ordered the departure of non-emergency US government personnel and family members from Egypt due to the ongoing political and social unrest," Xinhua quoted the department as saying in a travel warning on its website.
It also warned American citizens against travelling to Egypt at this time and advised those living in the country to leave, as the Arab nation was embroiled in intense confrontations pitting Morsi`s supporters against the military and protesters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried