US plane makes emergency landing at New Jersey airport
Chicago: A United Airlines flight that took off from O`Hare International Airport here had to make an emergency landing at New Jersey`s Newark Liberty International Airport after its right rear landing gear failed to deploy.
All 53 passengers, including five crew members, on board Flight 634 got off the plane safely and no injuries were reported, A United Airlines spokesperson said.
He said yesterday that the pilot landed the plane with two of the three landing gears necessary to land a plane.
As the flight was approaching the airport, the crew reported that there might be a problem with one of its landing gears.
It landed with part of its wing striking a runway at Newark after the right-side landing gear failed to deploy. The landing forced Newark airport to close for about 20 minutes.
Some flights arriving in Newark were delayed about an hour, while some minor departure delays were also reported.
The plane remained on the runway through the afternoon as investigators tried to determine the cause of the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir