US plane makes emergency landing at New Jersey airport
Chicago: A United Airlines flight that took off from O`Hare International Airport here had to make an emergency landing at New Jersey`s Newark Liberty International Airport after its right rear landing gear failed to deploy.
All 53 passengers, including five crew members, on board Flight 634 got off the plane safely and no injuries were reported, A United Airlines spokesperson said.
He said yesterday that the pilot landed the plane with two of the three landing gears necessary to land a plane.
As the flight was approaching the airport, the crew reported that there might be a problem with one of its landing gears.
It landed with part of its wing striking a runway at Newark after the right-side landing gear failed to deploy. The landing forced Newark airport to close for about 20 minutes.
Some flights arriving in Newark were delayed about an hour, while some minor departure delays were also reported.
The plane remained on the runway through the afternoon as investigators tried to determine the cause of the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics