US plane makes emergency landing on Colombian island
Bogota: An airplane belonging to the US carrier American Airlines was forced to make an emergency landing on Thursday at the airport of Colombia`s San Andres Island after reporting smoke in the cockpit.
All 172 passengers aboard the Boeing 757 were safe and in good condition, reported Xinhua citing the American Airlines in a statement issued in Colombia.
The plane was flying from San Jose, Costa Rica to Miami, Florida. "The plane was rerouted to San Andres, Colombia, due to a mechanical problem," the company said.
"The Boeing 757 airplane with 172 passengers and six crew members landed without incident at San Andres at 9.45 am local time (1445 GMT), " it said.
Frank Gonzalez, director of the San Andres Civil Defence Office, said the passengers encountered no problems during the landing, despite the rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway