US plane makes emergency landing on Colombian island
Bogota: An airplane belonging to the US carrier American Airlines was forced to make an emergency landing on Thursday at the airport of Colombia`s San Andres Island after reporting smoke in the cockpit.
All 172 passengers aboard the Boeing 757 were safe and in good condition, reported Xinhua citing the American Airlines in a statement issued in Colombia.
The plane was flying from San Jose, Costa Rica to Miami, Florida. "The plane was rerouted to San Andres, Colombia, due to a mechanical problem," the company said.
"The Boeing 757 airplane with 172 passengers and six crew members landed without incident at San Andres at 9.45 am local time (1445 GMT), " it said.
Frank Gonzalez, director of the San Andres Civil Defence Office, said the passengers encountered no problems during the landing, despite the rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley