US plane problem forces Clinton to delay Saudi departure
Jeddah: A mechanical problem on her US Air Force plane forced Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to postpone by hours her departure from Saudi Arabia and opt for another US flight back to Washington.
Clinton told reporters who have been travelling with her that a "serious" problem with the fuel valve grounded the plane and she and top aides were now planning to travel home
with General David Petraeus.
Petraeus, the US military commander for the Middle East and Central Asia, was in Riyadh for talks with Saudi leaders, while Clinton was holding her own meetings about
Iran, the Arab-Israeli peace process and other issues.
Staff said Clinton is only able to take along with her a few top aides as well as diplomatic security officers, while the rest of her staff and news reporters make separate arrangements to fly back to the US capital.
Clinton, who chatted with staff and reporters in the sumptuous VIP lounge at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, was now expected to return to Washington to resume her planned schedule.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!