US plane problem forces Clinton to delay Saudi departure
Jeddah: A mechanical problem on her US Air Force plane forced Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to postpone by hours her departure from Saudi Arabia and opt for another US flight back to Washington.
Clinton told reporters who have been travelling with her that a "serious" problem with the fuel valve grounded the plane and she and top aides were now planning to travel home
with General David Petraeus.
Petraeus, the US military commander for the Middle East and Central Asia, was in Riyadh for talks with Saudi leaders, while Clinton was holding her own meetings about
Iran, the Arab-Israeli peace process and other issues.
Staff said Clinton is only able to take along with her a few top aides as well as diplomatic security officers, while the rest of her staff and news reporters make separate arrangements to fly back to the US capital.
Clinton, who chatted with staff and reporters in the sumptuous VIP lounge at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, was now expected to return to Washington to resume her planned schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?