US planes collide on taxiway at Boston airport
Boston: The wing of a Delta jet clipped the
tail of an aircraft that provides regional air service for the
carrier while both planes were on the taxiway and preparing to
fly out of Boston, forcing officials to remove them from
service for inspections.
Local TV footage show the crash, that took place
yesterday evening, sheared off the tip of the Delta Boeing 767
and crumpled part of the smaller plane`s tail.
Boston Logan International Airport spokesman Phil
Orlandella said one person is complaining of neck pain after
There were no other injuries.
The incident involved Delta Flight 266 from Boston to
Amsterdam which hit the vertical stabiliser of Atlantic
Southeast Airlines Flight 4904, also on departure from Boston
to Raleigh-Durham, Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter said.
Investigators were talking to crew and passengers of
both aircraft, trying to figure out the circumstances
surrounding the crash, Orlandella said.
The Delta jet returned to the gate and ASA passengers
were transported by bus to the terminal.
Atlanta-based Delta says both aircraft have been removed
from service for inspections. Passengers are being put on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen