US planes collide on taxiway at Boston airport
Boston: The wing of a Delta jet clipped the
tail of an aircraft that provides regional air service for the
carrier while both planes were on the taxiway and preparing to
fly out of Boston, forcing officials to remove them from
service for inspections.
Local TV footage show the crash, that took place
yesterday evening, sheared off the tip of the Delta Boeing 767
and crumpled part of the smaller plane`s tail.
Boston Logan International Airport spokesman Phil
Orlandella said one person is complaining of neck pain after
There were no other injuries.
The incident involved Delta Flight 266 from Boston to
Amsterdam which hit the vertical stabiliser of Atlantic
Southeast Airlines Flight 4904, also on departure from Boston
to Raleigh-Durham, Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter said.
Investigators were talking to crew and passengers of
both aircraft, trying to figure out the circumstances
surrounding the crash, Orlandella said.
The Delta jet returned to the gate and ASA passengers
were transported by bus to the terminal.
Atlanta-based Delta says both aircraft have been removed
from service for inspections. Passengers are being put on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday