US planes collide on taxiway at Boston airport
Boston: The wing of a Delta jet clipped the
tail of an aircraft that provides regional air service for the
carrier while both planes were on the taxiway and preparing to
fly out of Boston, forcing officials to remove them from
service for inspections.
Local TV footage show the crash, that took place
yesterday evening, sheared off the tip of the Delta Boeing 767
and crumpled part of the smaller plane`s tail.
Boston Logan International Airport spokesman Phil
Orlandella said one person is complaining of neck pain after
There were no other injuries.
The incident involved Delta Flight 266 from Boston to
Amsterdam which hit the vertical stabiliser of Atlantic
Southeast Airlines Flight 4904, also on departure from Boston
to Raleigh-Durham, Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter said.
Investigators were talking to crew and passengers of
both aircraft, trying to figure out the circumstances
surrounding the crash, Orlandella said.
The Delta jet returned to the gate and ASA passengers
were transported by bus to the terminal.
Atlanta-based Delta says both aircraft have been removed
from service for inspections. Passengers are being put on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy