US plans to sabotage Pak nuke facilities: Iran
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday accused Washington, Tehran`s arch-foe, of planning to sabotage Pakistan`s nuclear facilities, during a media conference in Tehran.
"We have precise information that America wants to sabotage the Pakistani nuclear facilities in order to control Pakistan and to weaken the government and people of Pakistan," the hardline president said.
The United States would then use the UN Security Council "and some other international bodies as levers to prepare the ground for a massive presence (in Pakistan) and weaken the national sovereignty of Pakistan," he added, without elaborating.
Pakistan is the only Islamic nation with nuclear weapons, and has close relations with Iran.
In order to fight al Qaeda and Taliban insurgents in Pakistan, Washington has intensified its aerial operations in Iran`s southeastern neighbour.
Pakistani Islamist groups have at the same time multiplied their assaults on Pakistani military convoys and also on transport and fuel convoys through Pakistani territory intended for NATO troops in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt