US plans to sabotage Pak nuke facilities: Iran
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday accused Washington, Tehran`s arch-foe, of planning to sabotage Pakistan`s nuclear facilities, during a media conference in Tehran.
"We have precise information that America wants to sabotage the Pakistani nuclear facilities in order to control Pakistan and to weaken the government and people of Pakistan," the hardline president said.
The United States would then use the UN Security Council "and some other international bodies as levers to prepare the ground for a massive presence (in Pakistan) and weaken the national sovereignty of Pakistan," he added, without elaborating.
Pakistan is the only Islamic nation with nuclear weapons, and has close relations with Iran.
In order to fight al Qaeda and Taliban insurgents in Pakistan, Washington has intensified its aerial operations in Iran`s southeastern neighbour.
Pakistani Islamist groups have at the same time multiplied their assaults on Pakistani military convoys and also on transport and fuel convoys through Pakistani territory intended for NATO troops in Afghanistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times