US police helicopter crashes in Atlanta, 2 dead
Atlanta: Authorities say an Atlanta police helicopter searching for a missing 9-year-old child crashed in the city during the night, killing the two officers aboard.
Police spokesman Carlos Campos told a news agency by phone that the helicopter went down about 10:30 pm yesterday at an intersection of two major highways in the city`s northwestern reaches.
Campos said authorities don`t yet know details of the events leading up to the crash. He said authorities were working with federal aviation authorities on the scene. He says no one was hurt or killed on the ground.
A photograph aired on a local TV newscast showed what appeared to be flaming debris in a roadway.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178
- Rahul Gandhi to be Congress chief in 2016: Jairam Ramesh