US police helicopter crashes in Atlanta, 2 dead
Atlanta: Authorities say an Atlanta police helicopter searching for a missing 9-year-old child crashed in the city during the night, killing the two officers aboard.
Police spokesman Carlos Campos told a news agency by phone that the helicopter went down about 10:30 pm yesterday at an intersection of two major highways in the city`s northwestern reaches.
Campos said authorities don`t yet know details of the events leading up to the crash. He said authorities were working with federal aviation authorities on the scene. He says no one was hurt or killed on the ground.
A photograph aired on a local TV newscast showed what appeared to be flaming debris in a roadway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress