US police shoot 13-year-old boy with fake gun
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Washington: A 13-year-old boy who was carrying a pellet gun was shot dead by the Californian police on Tuesday. A sheriff’s deputy mistakenly took the gun carried by the teen as an assault rifle and shot him.
Santa Rosa County Sheriff`s office said that the boy was carrying an AK-47 replica and a fake hand gun. The teen was indentified as Andy Lopez Cruz by the school officials.
In a statement released by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff`s office, the boy was spotted holding what appeared to be a assault rifle by two Sonoma County deputies. It said that when asked to drop the weapon the teen slowly turned towards them and when the deputy saw the teen turning the barrel towards them they shot him.
After the shooting the teen was handcuffed and other police officers called the ambulance.
On securing the scene the deputies learned that the rifle was a replica of an assault weapon. The shooting has shocked the local community in the city of Santa Rosa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray