US policeman expects burglary, helps deliver baby instead
Washington: A US policeman who went to a house, armed with his gun, expecting to deal with burglary was surprised when instead of theives he found himself face-to-face with a woman in labour.
Officer Gene Kimpton entered the home in Carrollton, Texas, with his weapon drawn to respond to an unknown emergency.
"It was an unknown emergency. I was expecting a burglary in progress or something like that," Kimpton said.
A young boy guided Kimptom to the bathroom where his mother - who apparently did not realise she was pregnant - was giving birth.
"I get the door open, and she is in the process of giving birth! I put gloves on and helped the baby out," said Kimpton, who has two children of his own.
"Luckily a school resource officer got there and called paramedics and luckily they got there pretty quick," he said.
"It was not what I was expecting in the least bit; but, it was an incredible experience helping a new life into this world," he told CBS 11 News.
Kimpton said the mother did not panic, but she was definitely surprised by the birth.
"She indicated to one of the paramedics that she didn`t realise that she was pregnant...At all," he said.
The mother and the baby boy were taken to Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton and are doing well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre