US politician dabbled in witchcraft, tape reveals
Washington: A Republican leader who is contesting the US Senate election scheduled in November this year, has admitted that she once dabbled in witchcraft.
Christine O`Donnell, the Republican nominee from Delaware, had confessed on a popular television show `Politically Incorrect` (that wasn`t aired) that she hung around people practicing witchcraft, the CBS News reported on Monday.
In a video tape shown on Sunday night on a TV programme `Real Time`, O`Donnell said: "I dabbled into witchcraft -- I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. ... I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I`m not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do..."
"One of my first dates with a witch was on a Satanic altar, and I didn`t know it. I mean, there`s little blood there and stuff like that... We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a Satanic altar."
O`Donnell was earlier caught in a controversy for her statement that "American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains".
The conservative leader cancelled her appearances on CBS News` `Face the Nation` and Fox News scheduled for Sunday.
Her spokesperson said she cancelled the TV appearances to attend a Republican campaign event in Delaware.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!