US politician dabbled in witchcraft, tape reveals
Washington: A Republican leader who is contesting the US Senate election scheduled in November this year, has admitted that she once dabbled in witchcraft.
Christine O`Donnell, the Republican nominee from Delaware, had confessed on a popular television show `Politically Incorrect` (that wasn`t aired) that she hung around people practicing witchcraft, the CBS News reported on Monday.
In a video tape shown on Sunday night on a TV programme `Real Time`, O`Donnell said: "I dabbled into witchcraft -- I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. ... I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I`m not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do..."
"One of my first dates with a witch was on a Satanic altar, and I didn`t know it. I mean, there`s little blood there and stuff like that... We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a Satanic altar."
O`Donnell was earlier caught in a controversy for her statement that "American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains".
The conservative leader cancelled her appearances on CBS News` `Face the Nation` and Fox News scheduled for Sunday.
Her spokesperson said she cancelled the TV appearances to attend a Republican campaign event in Delaware.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days