US President Barack Obama in excellent health, says his physician
Washington: US President Barack Obama is in excellent health and is expected to stay that way for the rest of his term, his physician has said on the basis of results of medical tests conducted on him after a gap of three years.
"All clinical data indicates that the President is currently healthy and that he will remain so for the duration of his Presidency," said Dr Ronny L Jackson, Physician to the President, and Director White House Medical Unit, who performed the tests on Obama during the month of May.
"The President`s previous physical examination was completed in October 2011. The examination focused on evidence-based health screening and disease prevention.
"The purpose of the tests was to provide the public with an update of the President`s current health status and to ensure the President continues to enjoy all the benefits of good health," he said.
According to the medical report, Obama continues to focus on healthy lifestyle choices. He eats a healthy diet, exercises daily, remains tobacco free, and only drinks alcohol occasionally and in moderation.
Obama has no past surgical history, no past medical history and is current on all age-appropriate screening tests.
Occasionally he takes Ibuprofen to treat intermittent plantar fasciitis and takes Vitamin D to treat mild Vitamin D deficiency. He also occasionally uses nicotine gum.
According to the report, several small benign skin tags identified on neck. There is no evidence of skin cancer, acute or chronic skin disorders or disease. Remainder of skin normal, it said.
Obama at 52 years and 10 months weights 180 ponds and has a height of 73 inches. His body mass is 23.7 kg/m2, blood pressure is 112/70 mm Hg and resting heart rate is 62 bpm.
His total cholesterol was 213 (mg/dL); Triglycerides 47 (mg/dL); HDL cholesterol 72 (mg/dL); LDL cholesterol 137 (mg/dL); VLDL cholesterol 9 (mg/dL); Cholesterol to HDL ratio 3.0; Fasting Blood Glucose: 95 (mg/dL) ; Vitamin D: 22.9 (ng/ml) and PSA: 1.15 (ng/ml).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...