US President Obama to visit Israel: White House
Washington: US President Barack Obama, would visit Israel along with Jordan and the West Bank, the White House said on Wednesday.
"The start of the president`s second term and the formation of a new Israeli government offer the opportunity to reaffirm the deep and enduring bonds between the United States and Israel and to discuss the way forward on a broad range of issues of mutual concern, including, of course, Iran and Syria," the White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, told reporters at his daily news conference.
Carney was responding to questions on a news report being flashed by Israeli television that Obama would be travelling to Israel on March 20, thus making his first trip to the country as the US President.
"Additional details about the trip, including the dates of travel, will be released at a later time," the White House Press Secretary said.
"When the President spoke with Prime Minister Netanyahu on January 28, they discussed a visit by the President to Israel in the spring," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?