US President praying for Holbrooke`s recovery
Washington: President Barack Obama calls critically ill diplomat Richard Holbrooke "a towering figure in American foreign policy" and says he is praying for his recovery.
Holbrooke, the President`s special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, is at a Washington hospital after undergoing surgery on Saturday on a torn aorta.
Obama in a statement on Saturday night said he had spoken with Holbrooke`s wife and told her that he and First Lady Michelle Obama are praying for him. Obama called Holbrooke a critical member of the administration`s Afghanistan and Pakistan team, and "a tireless public servant”.
Holbrooke`s family has been with the diplomat. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also has visited at the George Washington University Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark