US President praying for Holbrooke`s recovery
Washington: President Barack Obama calls critically ill diplomat Richard Holbrooke "a towering figure in American foreign policy" and says he is praying for his recovery.
Holbrooke, the President`s special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, is at a Washington hospital after undergoing surgery on Saturday on a torn aorta.
Obama in a statement on Saturday night said he had spoken with Holbrooke`s wife and told her that he and First Lady Michelle Obama are praying for him. Obama called Holbrooke a critical member of the administration`s Afghanistan and Pakistan team, and "a tireless public servant”.
Holbrooke`s family has been with the diplomat. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton also has visited at the George Washington University Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder