US President thinks voters `stupid`: Mississippi Guv
Des Moines: Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has said that the year 2012 is absolutely crucial to elect a new President of the United States, as he believes that incumbent Barack Obama thinks most Americans are "too stupid" to know what`s good for them.
Addressing a conservative principles event here, which was sponsored by Iowa Representative Steve King, Barbour’s speech focused on ways to restore a faltering US economy.
He said that the policies of the Obama administration were bad for the economy and bad for job creation.
"Government itself has no money except for what it takes from the taxpayers," Politico quoted him, as saying.
“Americans don’t need a government in Washington that thinks that we’re too stupid to take care of ourselves, that we’re not up to it, that we need somebody in Washington to tell us what kind of health insurance policy we should have," he added.
He also accused the media of glorifying Obama`s feint toward the centre, and said the administration is "populated by people who have unlimited faith in limitless government”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'