US President thinks voters `stupid`: Mississippi Guv
Des Moines: Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has said that the year 2012 is absolutely crucial to elect a new President of the United States, as he believes that incumbent Barack Obama thinks most Americans are "too stupid" to know what`s good for them.
Addressing a conservative principles event here, which was sponsored by Iowa Representative Steve King, Barbour’s speech focused on ways to restore a faltering US economy.
He said that the policies of the Obama administration were bad for the economy and bad for job creation.
"Government itself has no money except for what it takes from the taxpayers," Politico quoted him, as saying.
“Americans don’t need a government in Washington that thinks that we’re too stupid to take care of ourselves, that we’re not up to it, that we need somebody in Washington to tell us what kind of health insurance policy we should have," he added.
He also accused the media of glorifying Obama`s feint toward the centre, and said the administration is "populated by people who have unlimited faith in limitless government”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials