US President thinks voters `stupid`: Mississippi Guv
Des Moines: Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has said that the year 2012 is absolutely crucial to elect a new President of the United States, as he believes that incumbent Barack Obama thinks most Americans are "too stupid" to know what`s good for them.
Addressing a conservative principles event here, which was sponsored by Iowa Representative Steve King, Barbour’s speech focused on ways to restore a faltering US economy.
He said that the policies of the Obama administration were bad for the economy and bad for job creation.
"Government itself has no money except for what it takes from the taxpayers," Politico quoted him, as saying.
“Americans don’t need a government in Washington that thinks that we’re too stupid to take care of ourselves, that we’re not up to it, that we need somebody in Washington to tell us what kind of health insurance policy we should have," he added.
He also accused the media of glorifying Obama`s feint toward the centre, and said the administration is "populated by people who have unlimited faith in limitless government”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed