US President thinks voters `stupid`: Mississippi Guv
Des Moines: Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has said that the year 2012 is absolutely crucial to elect a new President of the United States, as he believes that incumbent Barack Obama thinks most Americans are "too stupid" to know what`s good for them.
Addressing a conservative principles event here, which was sponsored by Iowa Representative Steve King, Barbour’s speech focused on ways to restore a faltering US economy.
He said that the policies of the Obama administration were bad for the economy and bad for job creation.
"Government itself has no money except for what it takes from the taxpayers," Politico quoted him, as saying.
“Americans don’t need a government in Washington that thinks that we’re too stupid to take care of ourselves, that we’re not up to it, that we need somebody in Washington to tell us what kind of health insurance policy we should have," he added.
He also accused the media of glorifying Obama`s feint toward the centre, and said the administration is "populated by people who have unlimited faith in limitless government”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!