US President thinks voters `stupid`: Mississippi Guv
Des Moines: Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has said that the year 2012 is absolutely crucial to elect a new President of the United States, as he believes that incumbent Barack Obama thinks most Americans are "too stupid" to know what`s good for them.
Addressing a conservative principles event here, which was sponsored by Iowa Representative Steve King, Barbour’s speech focused on ways to restore a faltering US economy.
He said that the policies of the Obama administration were bad for the economy and bad for job creation.
"Government itself has no money except for what it takes from the taxpayers," Politico quoted him, as saying.
“Americans don’t need a government in Washington that thinks that we’re too stupid to take care of ourselves, that we’re not up to it, that we need somebody in Washington to tell us what kind of health insurance policy we should have," he added.
He also accused the media of glorifying Obama`s feint toward the centre, and said the administration is "populated by people who have unlimited faith in limitless government”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says