`US Presidential Election will be very close`
Washington: US President Barack Obama`s speech at Democratic national convention was well received by Americans, a top Obama advisor said on Sunday, but acknowledged that the November Presidential Election is going to be very close.
"I think the President`s speech was extremely well-received by American people. We`re not as interested so much in what the pundit gallery has to say. And, you know, some pundits have said good things about the President`s speech," David Plouffe, a senior advisor to Obama, told the CBS news in an interview.
"We thought the President`s speech met the American people exactly where they`re living. You know, tell us where we are and how do we move forward with a middle class economic strategy that`s really going to grow the economy and enhance middle class security," he said.
But, he said that the Democratic national convention is unlikely to see any major bounce for Obama.
"This is a close race.... So you`re not going to see -- well, you know, you`re not going to see huge swings. I think we definitely are going to help ourselves in terms of turnout. I think Obama supporters are very energised. I think independent voters, what they saw from the President, from President Clinton, and other speakers was a plan to move forward," Plouffe said.
Responding to the Republican allegations that the economy is in a bad shape, Plouffe said the US President has a plan to move the economy.
"Everybody understands we`re in a tough economy. That seems to be the Republican message. They just keep on talking about a tough economy. The president has got a plan to move us forward and continue to recover. What they heard from the Republicans was the same old failed recipes," he said.
"We have always assumed that Presidential Elections in our country tend to be very close. We don`t think this one is going to be any exception. We think it`s going to be very close in eight or so states. But we think in the battlegrounds states right now, in Ohio, in Virginia, in Colorado, in Florida, where we are today, we have got a small but important lead. And we think that was enhanced coming out of both of our conventions," Plouffe said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared