US professor`s quixotic quest to be Iran President
New Brunswick (New Jersey): An Iranian-American who has lived in the United States for 40 years wants to be the next president of Iran.
Hooshang Amirahmadi has been a professor at Rutgers University for nearly 30 years.
Amirahmadi declared his intentions last year and is hopscotching the globe to raise money.
The campaign is a long shot, because the liberal professor must win the approval of the country`s religious leaders to land on the ballot.
Amirahmadi is president of the nonprofit American Iranian Council. He has spent years working on US-Iranian relations.
He thinks most issues between the West and Iran including nuclear enrichment can be solved through diplomacy and restoration of trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack