US prosecutor to probe Kosovo organ trafficking
Pristina: The EU rule of law mission in Kosovo says a US prosecutor has been named to investigate claims that Prime Minister Hashim Thaci led a criminal network that sold organs of civilian captives during the 1998-99 Kosovo war.
The mission said in a statement on Monday that John Clint Williamson was named "lead prosecutor" in a task force set up to investigate the allegations raised in a report last year by Council of Europe investigator Dick Marty.
Marty said Thaci and other rebel commanders ran detention centres in Albania`s border with Kosovo, where civilian captives, including Serbs, were killed and their organs sold on the black market.
Thaci has denied the allegations and pledged to work with the investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery