US prosecutor to probe Kosovo organ trafficking
Pristina: The EU rule of law mission in Kosovo says a US prosecutor has been named to investigate claims that Prime Minister Hashim Thaci led a criminal network that sold organs of civilian captives during the 1998-99 Kosovo war.
The mission said in a statement on Monday that John Clint Williamson was named "lead prosecutor" in a task force set up to investigate the allegations raised in a report last year by Council of Europe investigator Dick Marty.
Marty said Thaci and other rebel commanders ran detention centres in Albania`s border with Kosovo, where civilian captives, including Serbs, were killed and their organs sold on the black market.
Thaci has denied the allegations and pledged to work with the investigators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 40 naxals surrender in Bastar
- Pakistan shocker: Minor girl raped, thrown off roof in Karachi
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today