US ready for female president: Michelle Obama
Washington: First Lady Michelle Obama has said a woman will likely become president of the United States in her lifetime, but it won`t be her.
In an interview with Parade Magazine, she said that the country was ready for a female president, and it is just a question of who is the best person out there.
She did not speculate about whether that woman will be Hillary Clinton, but said plainly that it won`t be her, the Washington Post reports.
During the interview, the First Lady said that children born in the last eight years will only know an African-American man being president of the United States.
She said that that changes the bar for all of the children, regardless of their race, their sexual orientation, their gender. It expands the scope of opportunity in their minds. And that`s where change happens, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO