US remains committed to two-State solution in Mid East
Washington: The US remains committed to the two-State solution in the Israel-Palestine conflict, the Obama Administration on Tuesday said, a day after it entered into its second term.
"The United States remains committed, as it has been for a long time, to working with the parties to press forward the goal of a two-state solution. That has not changed, and it will not change," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.
"We will continue to make clear that only through direct negotiations between the parties can the Palestinians and Israelis address all the permanent status issues that need to be addressed and achieve the peace that they both deserve: two states for two peoples with a sovereign, viable and independent Palestine living side-by-side, in peace and security, with a Jewish and democratic Israel," he said.
He said the US believes that unilateral action by other side does not help the cause of reaching a peace agreement.
On the Israeli elections, he said that Israel is a vibrant democracy, and the US looks forward to learning the results of that election when they are available.
"We have to wait and see the makeup of the next Israeli government and how it approaches long-standing, critical issues, including the one that you talked about," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH