US restaurateur gets ‘death threats’ after refusing to host Romney
Washington: The owner of a Denver restaurant has revealed that he received ‘death threats’ after he declined to accept a visit by Republican candidate Mitt Romney, and said that he “could feel the hate in the air” at his business recently.
“On Thursday, it was horrible. It was dead. Yesterday, during lunch, you could feel the hate in the air,” Oscar Aguirre, the owner of Rosa Linda’s Mexican Cafe told Politico.
According to the report, Aguirre said the death threats came after the restaurant had turned down an offer by the Romney Campaign to drop by before Wednesday night’s debate. But the Romney campaign condemned the situation.
“The Romney Campaign condemns this type of behavior in any situation. It’s unfortunate that incorrect information being circulated as facts has led these community leaders to receive these threats,” Romney spokesman Chris Walker said in a statement.
In August, a former Mormon missionary had asked Aguirre about using the restaurant for an unspecified Romney campaign event, but Aguirre’s parents declined the offer, because of ‘not being Republican’.
Now, Aguirre said that he’s sorry for the trouble his family’s refusal has caused, but added that the threats would not influence his vote either way.
“I want to extend an apology to Mr. Romney, his campaign and his family. It’s not fair to them either. It was someone who worked for them with good intentions on their part.”
“My vote — I’m going to listen to the debates, and I’m going to read,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum