US reveals accusations against Secret Service
Washington: The US government is revealing details of serious allegations since 2004 against Secret Service agents and officers, including claims of involvement with prostitutes, leaking sensitive information, publishing pornography, sexual assault, illegal wiretaps, improper use of weapons and drunken behaviour.
It wasn`t immediately clear how many of the accusations were confirmed to be true.
The heavily censored list -- which ran 229 pages -- was quietly released today under the US Freedom of Information Act to a news agency and other news organisations following the Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia.
It describes accusations filed against Secret Service employees with the Homeland Security Department`s inspector general. The Secret Service protects the president and those close to him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan