US reveals accusations against Secret Service
Washington: The US government is revealing details of serious allegations since 2004 against Secret Service agents and officers, including claims of involvement with prostitutes, leaking sensitive information, publishing pornography, sexual assault, illegal wiretaps, improper use of weapons and drunken behaviour.
It wasn`t immediately clear how many of the accusations were confirmed to be true.
The heavily censored list -- which ran 229 pages -- was quietly released today under the US Freedom of Information Act to a news agency and other news organisations following the Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia.
It describes accusations filed against Secret Service employees with the Homeland Security Department`s inspector general. The Secret Service protects the president and those close to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder