US reveals accusations against Secret Service
Washington: The US government is revealing details of serious allegations since 2004 against Secret Service agents and officers, including claims of involvement with prostitutes, leaking sensitive information, publishing pornography, sexual assault, illegal wiretaps, improper use of weapons and drunken behaviour.
It wasn`t immediately clear how many of the accusations were confirmed to be true.
The heavily censored list -- which ran 229 pages -- was quietly released today under the US Freedom of Information Act to a news agency and other news organisations following the Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia.
It describes accusations filed against Secret Service employees with the Homeland Security Department`s inspector general. The Secret Service protects the president and those close to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today