US says willing to talk to N Korea if it behaves
Seoul: US President Barack Obama told his Chinese counterpart, Hu Jintao, the United States was open to starting dialogue with North Korea, but only if it meets international commitments, a senior White House aide said.
Obama has called on North Korea, which plans a long-range rocket launch next month, to curb its nuclear ambitions or face further international isolation.
"We said we were willing to pursue dialogue with North Korea... but we made clear that we could not go forward if North Korea goes ahead with this rocket launch," the aide said.
"We`re open to dialogue if the North Koreans are going to keep their commitments."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!