US Secret Service arrests man with firearms near White House
Washington: US Secret Service has arrested a man from across the street near the White House for carrying an unlicensed pistol and other fire arms.
The man identified as Christopher Briggs was apparently shirtless and was found to be carrying an open container of alcohol along with the illegal weapons.
"He has been sent to the local police for necessary action and questioning," said an official of the US Secret Service.
According to them the incident happened yesterday afternoon when a uniformed agent of the US Secret Service spotted Briggs carrying fire arms including a pistol and two knives.
"He was arrested and charged with carrying a pistol without a license, possession of prohibited weapon, carrying an unregistered fire arm, carrying unregistered ammunition and open container or alcohol," the official added.
The official did not reveal if the White House was on the target of this individual or the motive behind the carrying fire arms so close to the resident of the US President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics