US Secret Service investigates potential threat against President Barack Obama
Washington: The US Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, has issued a statement stating that the agency is investigating a potential threat against President Barack Obama, as per reports on Saturday.
The US authorities are in search of an individual reportedly driving a silver Volkswagen Jetta with Connecticut plates who has threatened to harm Obama.
"Information has been received by law enforcement regarding a potentially suspicious person and vehicle. We are working with our local law enforcement partners to determine the validity of the information provided," said the statement.
While Obama was scheduled to attend Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fund raiser in Rhode Island on Friday evening, the New York police received reports that someone is heading with malicious intentions towards Obama.
However, no one has yet confirmed that whether the said vehicle has been sighted or not.
(With Reuters inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says