`US Secret Service mistakenly killed John F Kennedy`
Sydney: A retired Australian investigator has said he believes a US secret service officer fired one of the bullets that killed former US President John F Kennedy.
Reelz Channel will broadcast a documentary that suggests Kennedy was accidentally shot by a Secret Service agent.
According to news.com.au, `JFK: The Smoking Gun`, is based on the work of retired Australian police Detective Colin McLaren and the book `Mortal Error: The Shot that Killed JFK`, by Bonar Menninger.
McLaren spent four years going through evidence from Kennedy`s death on November 22, 1963, in Dallas.
He and Menninger also relied on ballistics evidence from an earlier book by Howard Donahue, which suggests that agent George Hickey fired one of the bullets that hit Kennedy.
According to the report, McLaren said that they believe it was a tragic accident in the heat of that moment.
He said that when Lee Harvey Oswald, the sniper who assassinated Kennedy, fired his first shot, Hickey responded by trying to fire back on him using his Secret Service-issued rifle.
McLaren said that but because he was inexperienced with the weapon and the car lurched forward, the shot accidentally hit Kennedy.
The Warren Commission report in the 1960s concluded that Oswald was the lone gunman in officially explaining the assassination.
The two-hour documentary will be broadcast in the US, Australia and Canada in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video