US seeking death penalty in Colorado shooting
Centennial: Prosecutors want James Holmes executed for last year`s attack on a Colorado movie theatre that killed 12 and wounded 70.
They announced their intention to seek the death penalty against Holmes in court today. Last week prosecutors said they rejected an offer from Holmes` attorney to have him plead guilty to avoid the death penalty. Prosecutors said the offer to have Holmes spend life in prison wasn`t a serious attempt at plea bargaining.
Holmes is charged with multiple counts of murder and attempted murder for the July 20 assault on a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises." A judge entered a not guilty plea on Holmes` behalf last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon