US Senate hearing set on Secret Service scandal
Washington: The chairman of the Senate committee with jurisdiction over homeland security says he`s scheduled a hearing for May 23 to review the Secret Service investigation of the Colombia prostitution scandal.
Senator Joe Lieberman tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that he believes the agency has done a thorough job in investigating the incident. But the Connecticut independent also wants to know whether there were warning signs about agents` behaviour.
He also wants to hear what steps are being taken to ensure something similar doesn`t happen again.
Lieberman says the Secret Service director, Mark Sullivan, will be called to the hearing by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday