US Senate hearing set on Secret Service scandal
Washington: The chairman of the Senate committee with jurisdiction over homeland security says he`s scheduled a hearing for May 23 to review the Secret Service investigation of the Colombia prostitution scandal.
Senator Joe Lieberman tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that he believes the agency has done a thorough job in investigating the incident. But the Connecticut independent also wants to know whether there were warning signs about agents` behaviour.
He also wants to hear what steps are being taken to ensure something similar doesn`t happen again.
Lieberman says the Secret Service director, Mark Sullivan, will be called to the hearing by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city