US Senate hearing set on Secret Service scandal
Washington: The chairman of the Senate committee with jurisdiction over homeland security says he`s scheduled a hearing for May 23 to review the Secret Service investigation of the Colombia prostitution scandal.
Senator Joe Lieberman tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that he believes the agency has done a thorough job in investigating the incident. But the Connecticut independent also wants to know whether there were warning signs about agents` behaviour.
He also wants to hear what steps are being taken to ensure something similar doesn`t happen again.
Lieberman says the Secret Service director, Mark Sullivan, will be called to the hearing by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview