US Senate hearing set on Secret Service scandal
Washington: The chairman of the Senate committee with jurisdiction over homeland security says he`s scheduled a hearing for May 23 to review the Secret Service investigation of the Colombia prostitution scandal.
Senator Joe Lieberman tells CNN`s "State of the Union" that he believes the agency has done a thorough job in investigating the incident. But the Connecticut independent also wants to know whether there were warning signs about agents` behaviour.
He also wants to hear what steps are being taken to ensure something similar doesn`t happen again.
Lieberman says the Secret Service director, Mark Sullivan, will be called to the hearing by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you