US Senator Harry Reid taken to hospital after car crash
Las Vegas: Troopers say Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has been taken to the hospital in an ambulance after what appears to be a rear-end crash on an interstate highway through Las Vegas.
Nevada Highway Patrol Office spokesman Jeremie Elliott says he doesn`t know Reid`s condition after the crash, which happened yesterday afternoon.
The freeway runs parallel to the Las Vegas Strip.
Elliott says six vehicles were involved in the apparent chain-reaction crash, including two Las Vegas police vehicles, two civilian vehicle and two Capitol Police vehicles.
Elliott says two lanes were closed and four tow trucks were summoned. It`s not clear whether anyone else was injured. Officials in Reid`s office said it wasn`t immediately clear where the Democratic Senator was headed.
The 72-year-old Reid spoke earlier in the day at a Las Vegas ceremony celebrating the National Atomic Testing Museum, which was officially named a "national" museum yesterday.
He was also due to speak to the editorial board of Spanish-language newspaper El Tiempo at 2:30 pm, according to editor Hernando Amaya.
Reid`s wife Landra was speaking at an event featuring first lady Michelle Obama at roughly the time the crash happened, but she made no mention of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'