US Senator was sexually abused as child
Boston: Republican US Senator Scott Brown says in an interview with the program `60 Minutes` that he was physically and sexually abused as a child, CBS said on Wednesday.
The Massachusetts senator, 51, says he was sexually abused by a camp counsellor and physically abused by stepfathers, according to a statement from the network`s news program.
"He said, `If you tell anybody ... I`ll kill you. I will make sure that nobody believes you’," Brown says of the encounters with the counsellor, according to CBS.
Brown catapulted onto the US political scene in 2010 by winning the Senate seat held for decades by Democratic icon Ted Kennedy, who died in 2009.
The interview is to be aired on `60 Minutes` on February 20. The revelations are also detailed in Brown`s upcoming book, `Against All Odds`.
Brown said in a statement he hopes people are inspired by his message.
"My book is about overcoming obstacles. The physical and sexual abuse is in my book. It`s a part of my life, but it certainly isn`t the only part of my life story which I tell," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested