US Senator was sexually abused as child
Boston: Republican US Senator Scott Brown says in an interview with the program `60 Minutes` that he was physically and sexually abused as a child, CBS said on Wednesday.
The Massachusetts senator, 51, says he was sexually abused by a camp counsellor and physically abused by stepfathers, according to a statement from the network`s news program.
"He said, `If you tell anybody ... I`ll kill you. I will make sure that nobody believes you’," Brown says of the encounters with the counsellor, according to CBS.
Brown catapulted onto the US political scene in 2010 by winning the Senate seat held for decades by Democratic icon Ted Kennedy, who died in 2009.
The interview is to be aired on `60 Minutes` on February 20. The revelations are also detailed in Brown`s upcoming book, `Against All Odds`.
Brown said in a statement he hopes people are inspired by his message.
"My book is about overcoming obstacles. The physical and sexual abuse is in my book. It`s a part of my life, but it certainly isn`t the only part of my life story which I tell," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state