US Senator was sexually abused as child
Boston: Republican US Senator Scott Brown says in an interview with the program `60 Minutes` that he was physically and sexually abused as a child, CBS said on Wednesday.
The Massachusetts senator, 51, says he was sexually abused by a camp counsellor and physically abused by stepfathers, according to a statement from the network`s news program.
"He said, `If you tell anybody ... I`ll kill you. I will make sure that nobody believes you’," Brown says of the encounters with the counsellor, according to CBS.
Brown catapulted onto the US political scene in 2010 by winning the Senate seat held for decades by Democratic icon Ted Kennedy, who died in 2009.
The interview is to be aired on `60 Minutes` on February 20. The revelations are also detailed in Brown`s upcoming book, `Against All Odds`.
Brown said in a statement he hopes people are inspired by his message.
"My book is about overcoming obstacles. The physical and sexual abuse is in my book. It`s a part of my life, but it certainly isn`t the only part of my life story which I tell," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states
- Subhash Chandra steps down as chairman of Zee Media