US Senator was sexually abused as child
Boston: Republican US Senator Scott Brown says in an interview with the program `60 Minutes` that he was physically and sexually abused as a child, CBS said on Wednesday.
The Massachusetts senator, 51, says he was sexually abused by a camp counsellor and physically abused by stepfathers, according to a statement from the network`s news program.
"He said, `If you tell anybody ... I`ll kill you. I will make sure that nobody believes you’," Brown says of the encounters with the counsellor, according to CBS.
Brown catapulted onto the US political scene in 2010 by winning the Senate seat held for decades by Democratic icon Ted Kennedy, who died in 2009.
The interview is to be aired on `60 Minutes` on February 20. The revelations are also detailed in Brown`s upcoming book, `Against All Odds`.
Brown said in a statement he hopes people are inspired by his message.
"My book is about overcoming obstacles. The physical and sexual abuse is in my book. It`s a part of my life, but it certainly isn`t the only part of my life story which I tell," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH