US senators raise Lockerbie bombing in Libya
Tripoli: Four US senators visiting Libya say they talked to the country`s new rulers about the need for justice in the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing.
The four are part of the highest-ranking American delegation to travel to Tripoli since Muammar Gaddafi was ousted last month.
Libya was implicated in the bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland that killed 270 people, many of them Americans. Scotland has asked the new transitional leaders of Libya for help tracking down those responsible now that Gaddafi is no longer in power.
Senator John McCain of Arizona said on Thursday he is confident the new Libyan government will help.
"We`d like to know who else was connected with this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi