US sends list of names to Pak related to Boston Marathon bombings
Washington: Pakistan`s intelligence agency has received two lists of names from US officials seeking information believed to be related to the Boston Marathon bombings, sources have said.
According to sources, the names on the lists have not been disclosed but include both Pakistani citizens and dual US-Pakistani nationals.
They added that US officials want to know if any of those named had links to militant or religious extremist groups in Pakistan, reports Fox News.
Pakistani intelligence is also expected to check the names of those who recently traveled to or from Pakistan, along with information on their relatives, friends, and places they may have visited.
A Pakistani intelligence official said the US has shared lists with them which include names of mostly dual nationals.
He said they are now probing their links in Pakistan with any group, their recent visits to Pakistan and places they travelled to during their stay in the country.
The official declined to share further information, citing the ongoing investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor