US sends list of names to Pak related to Boston Marathon bombings
Washington: Pakistan`s intelligence agency has received two lists of names from US officials seeking information believed to be related to the Boston Marathon bombings, sources have said.
According to sources, the names on the lists have not been disclosed but include both Pakistani citizens and dual US-Pakistani nationals.
They added that US officials want to know if any of those named had links to militant or religious extremist groups in Pakistan, reports Fox News.
Pakistani intelligence is also expected to check the names of those who recently traveled to or from Pakistan, along with information on their relatives, friends, and places they may have visited.
A Pakistani intelligence official said the US has shared lists with them which include names of mostly dual nationals.
He said they are now probing their links in Pakistan with any group, their recent visits to Pakistan and places they travelled to during their stay in the country.
The official declined to share further information, citing the ongoing investigation.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt