US sends list of names to Pak related to Boston Marathon bombings
Washington: Pakistan`s intelligence agency has received two lists of names from US officials seeking information believed to be related to the Boston Marathon bombings, sources have said.
According to sources, the names on the lists have not been disclosed but include both Pakistani citizens and dual US-Pakistani nationals.
They added that US officials want to know if any of those named had links to militant or religious extremist groups in Pakistan, reports Fox News.
Pakistani intelligence is also expected to check the names of those who recently traveled to or from Pakistan, along with information on their relatives, friends, and places they may have visited.
A Pakistani intelligence official said the US has shared lists with them which include names of mostly dual nationals.
He said they are now probing their links in Pakistan with any group, their recent visits to Pakistan and places they travelled to during their stay in the country.
The official declined to share further information, citing the ongoing investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development