US sends list of names to Pak related to Boston Marathon bombings
Washington: Pakistan`s intelligence agency has received two lists of names from US officials seeking information believed to be related to the Boston Marathon bombings, sources have said.
According to sources, the names on the lists have not been disclosed but include both Pakistani citizens and dual US-Pakistani nationals.
They added that US officials want to know if any of those named had links to militant or religious extremist groups in Pakistan, reports Fox News.
Pakistani intelligence is also expected to check the names of those who recently traveled to or from Pakistan, along with information on their relatives, friends, and places they may have visited.
A Pakistani intelligence official said the US has shared lists with them which include names of mostly dual nationals.
He said they are now probing their links in Pakistan with any group, their recent visits to Pakistan and places they travelled to during their stay in the country.
The official declined to share further information, citing the ongoing investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra